The Kentucky Rural-Urban Exchange (RUX) will be accepting new applicants this Spring! The deadline to apply is March 23, 2018. RUX welcomes applications from all Kentuckians, and offers priority to new applicants from Knott, Kenton, and surrounding counties.
March 2—Applications become available
March 23 – applications due
March 30 – application review
April 13 – acceptance notification
April 27 – signed commitment, participation fee, and bio due
Applying for RUX means committing to:
1) attend all three exchange weekends. Your full attendance and complete participation is vital to the process. The 2018 RUX dates and locations include:
Bowling Green and cave country, June 8-10
Knott County, Aug. 3-5
Covington, Oct. 12-14
2) Incur nominal travel expenses.
3) Work with other exchange participants toward a common goal.
4) Complete all requests for information and follow-up surveys.
5) Pay a $25 participation fee, which will cover the cost of your welcome packet materials.